Don is a New York State Bar lawyer who has been practicing in Thailand since 2012. He holds a considerable amount of knowledge in numerous areas of law, including corporate and commercial, technology, foreign direct investment, fintech, and data protection. He excels at drafting and reviewing contracts, helping both local and international clients with foreign business investment, and advising on corporate compliance.
His previous work experience includes being an in-house counsel for one of Thailand’s largest e-payment platforms where he handled numerous matters, including conducting due diligence for both M&A and partnership matters, drafting various agreements, and compiling contracts. Other areas of expertise include technology law, data privacy and protection, compliance, intellectual property, and laws surrounding cryptocurrencies and digital assets.
Don graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology from Binghamton University in 2007, and earned his Juris Doctor in Law from the Elizabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University in 2010. He is also a member of the American Bar Association.
- Held the position of in-house counsel for one of Thailand’s largest e-payment platforms, handling matters pertaining to upcoming products and services, partnerships, and cross-border agreements.
- Counseled both local and international companies in becoming compliant with Thailand’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA), advising them on data gathering of customer and drafting required privacy policies and other documents.
- Advised numerous international clients on potential M&A deals by conducting due diligence projects and reporting outcomes, ensuring they were fully aware of potential legal issues surrounding their deals.
- Represented a Thai tech startup, who were one of the winners of the DTAC Accelerate Batch 5, with their Series A round. He advised on their Shareholders Agreement and was responsible for preparing and submitting the capital raise documents to the Department of Business Development.
- Represented a Thai logistics and supply chain management startup in negotiations with the venture capital branch of a major Thai bank regarding the terms of the Shareholders Agreement for their Series A round.
- Advised a U.S. law firm with regard to Thai securities law, specifically the offering or private fund management services by means of remote cross-border communication from Cayman Islands to Thailand.
- Advised foreign investors regarding the Royal Decree on Digital Asset Businesses, specifically with respect to operating a cryptocurrency ATM in Bangkok.
Juris Doctor, Elizabeth Haub School of Law, Pace University, 2010
Bachelor of Arts (Sociology), Binghamton University, 2007
Wonder R. J. Palacio
Gardening and cooking
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough” — Mae West